Talks about RocksDB
- MyRocks Deep Dive - a tutorial by Yoshinori Matsunobu. I continue to learn about MyRocks from him. This is a great way to learn about MyRocks.
- MyRocks: best practice at Alibaba - a talk by Jiayi Wang and Dengcheng He that explains the work by the Alibaba MySQL team to evaluate and improve MyRocks for a production workload.
- MariaRocks: MyRocks in MariaDB - a talk by Sergei Petrunia on the work to implement MyRocks and then merge it into MariaDB. If you want to know what it takes to connect MySQL to a new storage engine then Sergei is the person to ask.
- MyRocks Engineering: deploying a new MySQL storage engine to production at Facebook - a talk by Herman Lee on the effort to confirm that MyRocks is performant, correct and robust for production and then to make it easier to migrate from InnoDB to MyRocks at scale.
- An update on MyRocks - I will share updated results to explain when MyRocks is better or worse than InnoDB.
- Comparing MongoRocks, WiredTiger and mmapv1 for performance and efficiency - I will share updated results to explain when MongoRocks is better or worse than WiredTiger and mmapv1.
Talks about !RocksDB
There are two other talks that I want to attend given their focus on storage engines:
- AliSQL: breakthrough for the future - a talk by Wei Hu and Dengcheng He from Alibaba. They do creative work to help InnoDB keep up with demanding workloads.
- Vinyl: why we wrote our own write-optimized storage engine rather than choose RocksDB - a talk by Konstantin Osipov about a new write-optimized storage engine, Vinyl, that will allow Tarantool to be performant for greater-than-memory workloads. It is already performant for in-memory workloads. I am impressed by the project and look forward to innovation from them in this space.