Thursday, May 18, 2023

Summary of another round of benchmarks

This has links for my latest round of benchmarks for MyRocks, InnoDB and Postgres. They were run on a small and big server for sysbench and the insert benchmark. The big server is a c2-standard-60 with 30 cores, hyperthreads disabled and 240G of RAM. The small server is a mini PC with 8 cores and 16G of RAM. For MyRocks I used builds from FB MySQL 5.6.35 and 8.0.28. For InnoDB I used upstream MySQL 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0. For Postgres I used versions 11 through 15.

I tried to explain changes. I made mistakes, especially with configuring huge pages, that forced me to repeat tests a few times. The configurations I use might need improvements, especially for Postgres and I am working on that now.

Insert Benchmark

Sysbench

No comments:

Post a Comment